Apply for Unemployment Insurance
You have several options for filing an unemployment insurance claim:
- File online. You can file your Kentucky Unemployment Insurance claim at your convenience by using the Internet. If you have all the necessary information, which is summarized below, you can file online by clicking here.
- File at an Office for Employment and Training (OET) Office. If you choose to file your Unemployment Insurance claim from a local OET office, Kentucky Career Center customer service representatives are available to help you. Again, you will need the information summarized below. The four locations for filing an unemployment insurance claim in the Greater Louisville area are:
- 600 West Cedar Street, Louisville, (502) 595-0099, (502) 595-4003
- 6201 G Preston Highway, Louisville, (502) 595-4150
- 31 Mt. Rushmore, Shelbyville, (502) 633-5083
- 508 Buffalo Run Road, Suite 100, Shepherdsville, (502) 955-9131
- File by phone. If you have all the information below and a touch-tone telephone, you can also file your Unemployment Insurance claim by phone between 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The number is (859) 547-3362. This is not a toll-free number.
Necessary information for filing a claim:
- Your Social Security number
- Your complete mailing address
- Your most recent employers' business names, complete mailing addresses and phone numbers (for the past 18 months)
- The exact month, day and year that you began work for each of your recent employers (for the past 18 months)
- The exact month, day and year that you last worked for each of your recent employers (for the past 18 months)
Continuing your Unemployment Insurance
Once you begin receiving Unemployment Insurance benefits, you are required to periodically request a check. This can be done in two ways:
Request a check online. The Internet provides a fast and easy way to request a check. The address is www.kewes.ky.gov. This option is available 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. It is available 2 p.m.-9 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday.
Request a check by phone. Call (866) 291-2926. This option is available 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. It is available 2 p.m.-9 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday.